Boaters begin on their 6.5 mile paddle at 1pm and the route should take 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Drop your boat off at Coolidge Park under the Market Street Bridge any time from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Leave your car at Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center and ride our shuttle back to start.
Boating begins at 1:00pm
All rented boats will be at the start area at Coolidge Park so drop your car at Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center, carpool, or catch a ride with our shuttle.
Rent your water vessel at:
OAR - Outdoor Adventure Rafting
Rock Creek Outfitters
L2 - Live Life Outside
Scenic City Safari
ALL RENTALS WILL BE COORDINATED THROUGH THE RENTAL COMPANIES FOR DROP OFF AND PICKUP.
Please wear comfortable, breathable, quick-dry athletic clothing in layers (cotton is NOT recommended). We don't anticipate that you will fall in, but we suggest bringing a towel and a change of clothing just in case.
- Please wear comfortable, breathable, quick-dry athletic clothing in layers (cotton is NOT recommended). We don't anticipate that you will fall in, but we suggest bringing a towel and a change of clothing just in case.
- Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.
- We don’t recommend wearing expensive sunglasses, watches or bringing a camera. (we’ll take photos for you) or anything else you wouldn’t want to ‘donate’ to the bottom of the lake.
- Coast Guard approved PFD (you will not be allowed to paddle without this)
- Surf leash for SUPs
- Energy bar or snacks for the paddle
- If you do bring a camera...make sure it's waterproof.
- Dry bag for any sensitive items (drybags are a great asset on the river)